"mplesser" wrote :
  | From within the same thread, isolation level is REPEATABLE_READ. I add a listener
to the cache which performs a get()  operation on the cache on a nodeModified() event.
This might of course look for the cache to appear within the same TX and may not be
fixable. Only option i could think of is using a backing cache or add a method to the
cache that signals if it is in an uncommited TX state.

The same thread will of course see its changes made in the same TX. Only other threads
are blocked. This is all as designed.

anonymous wrote :
  | No, this is done in an asynchronous manner with callbacks.
  | I 'have' to do it that way since i can not add user defined properties to Address
objects used by jgroups and have them replicated to the other nodes. Else each node
could add a property to its own address for other nodes to read them. IF there is a
way to do so already i just haven't found it out yet :)

There is :-)  Have a look at ClusterPartition.startService() and search for the CONFIG
event. You can set some user-defined bytes in an IpAddress, using
{set,get}AdditionalData().

anonymous wrote :
  | Seems so - maybe add some checks here or buffer the operation till it is set up?

Do you have a small test case that reproduces the problem ?

Bela

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3842200#3842200

Reply to the post :