"marshall" wrote :
  | Datasource management. (required for the next 3 to be possible..)
  | "maxhibernateorg" wrote :
  |   | What does this cover ? Listing the available datasources in a container ? Is
JSR 77 sufficient for this ?
  |   |

We probably don't want to get too heavy into this aspect of the IDE, but we'd want, at
the very least.. to show a list of tables provided by each datasource that the
container has.  I believe JSR77 _should_ be fine for this.. I'll probably write a
quick proof of concept just to make sure it works the way I think it does.

"marshall" wrote :
  | EJBQL Execution
  |  "maxhibernateorg" wrote :
  |   | Does this require Datasource Management - is it not through the EntityManager
one gets access to this ?
  |   |

You're right about not needing Datasource Management, though accessing the
EntityManager remotely will either break the spec, or simply not work at all.
(Apparently this part of the EJB3 spec is still somewhat in the air..). Bill's
suggestion was that we create a JBoss specific service that exposes the EJBQL
functionality. More about this when I can pick Bill's brain again.

"marshall" wrote :
  | Source code generation wizards for Session and Entity beans
  | "maxhibernateorg" wrote :
  |   | Again why does this require a datasource ?
  |   | What should be the source of the generation ? From the database entities ?
Like "one table/entity - one session facade" etc. ?
  |   |

This would be the primary use of the Datasource Management. I envision something to
effect of right clicking on a Table, and using a wizard to create an EJB and/or
session facade.
"marshall" wrote :
  | Bean Inspection & Editing from both EJBQL Result Sets and Datasources
  | "maxhibernateorg" wrote :
  |   | How do we actually get hand on a EntityManager to invoke the Query'ies ?
  |   |

This seems to be the big question. See my suggestion above.
"maxhibernateorg" wrote :
  | 1. Reverse/Forward Engineering (Code generation)
  |
  | Based mostly on hibernate/middlegen existing features.
  | Make it independent of the EJB3 and it will be usefull in many contexts.

XDoclet (code, descriptor generation) functionality in JBossIDE is already very rich.
1.3.0 has standard configurations out of the box for EJB and Hibernate, just to name a
few. Is there more that i'm missing here?
"maxhibernateorg" wrote :
  | 2. On the fly - support
  |
  | Most of these are simply to supply as it is "just" simple extensions to the
eclipse JDT (as much as i know it ;)

  | EJB3 Annotations support
  | Set of code templates for common ejb constructs

Can you elaborate what you mean by on the fly? I agree with EJB3 Annotations. I'm
hoping (actually, betting) that eclipse will offer automatic annotation code assist
for any defined annotation within your project's classpath. If this is the case, the
user can just create an EJB3 project, which will have the EJB3 libraries attached to
the classpath.. and voila! instant code assist for all EJB3 annotations =).
Code Templates for EJB3 is a fresh idea.. I like it.. we'll put a check next to that
on the feature list.

Continued onto the next posting..

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3848261#3848261