Continued from Previous Post

"maxhibernateorg" wrote :
  | 3. Runtime support
  |
  | EJBQL querying (hopefully provide code completion on the syntax, but that requires
access to some sort of metadata about the objects - none available at the moment in
EJB3)

  | Display results (from a List (java.beans) and ResultSet)
  |
  | Display/editable object graph (can we utilize the variable view from jdt - it
contains at least a widget for doing this)

  | Investigate how much of the management API that allows us to support advanced
introspection (visualization/manipulation)

If we can figure out a way to get some sort of EJBQL Result Set back to JBossIDE, we
can use jdk5 reflection to get the annotation meta-info and property names of each
corresponding bean.  The object graph would probably have to be rewritten for the most
part.. I'm guessing it's an internal API only (though I don't have any facts to back
that up, I'll do some reasarch).

I'll try to get some more time with Bill and figure out exactly how we are going to
implement this "custom service" for ejbql execution.

Thanks for the feedback.. hopefully we can turn this into a Roadmap soon =).
-Marshall

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3848263#3848263

Reply to the post :