anonymous wrote : It is not correct type of comparition.
The comparison relates to the additional functionality that PrintWriter.println
provides in and above that provided by Writer.write.

In this case it is simple, just adding the correct eol characters for the platform,
but it is an example of additional functionality that detracts from the intent of
Writer.

In the before/aspect case the before/aspect functionality detracts from the intent of
the invocation.

anonymous wrote : and you've written several emails to Sun complaining about Java API
too big in this case

I haven't written them but I do happen to think that it contains a lot of bloat :-).
I also think that it has useful functionality missing but I choose to get this from
thirdparty libraries.

anonymous wrote : Yeah, nice to be on the second side of the mirror...

We both appear to agree that this functionality is useful, the disagreement is whether
it should be included in the core framework or as a contributed aspect (in this case).

Kev

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3851426#3851426

Reply to the post :