Hi.  My penny to disscussion.

I have Struts application and been using Tomcat server. I'd like to use JBossAOP with
it.

So what I've tried is: precompiled my plain servlets, jsps (in Struts meaning) with
jasper/jspc. This way I got sources of my web pages for my application.

As I have sources I can apply JBossAOP aspects to them - including crosscutting every
Struts action and applying your own concerns (JBossAOP has some security concern
@@org.jboss.aspects.security.*)

I haven't tried to put compiled sources into Tomcat - but I think there shouldn't be a
problem, as these are normal java classess.

The only problem is: this way one looses favourite way of development. On every change
of JSP we must recompile, redeploy whole app. :/

Solution would be to use somehow JBoss AS with Tomcat and dynamic classloader. I wait
for some JBoss + Tomcat + Struts HOWTO. If there won't be any until September, I'll
write one myself :)

Regards,
Tomasz

View the original post :