Thanks for the explanation.

The idea for the security framework is that, the declarative security model is static,
and it's very hard to do dynamic access control management. For example, say I have a
content management app, which I want to hook to an external acess manager. Let say I
can define my security policies in the access manager and apply them to my content
management app.

When I change my policies, I want them to apply in real-time. I don't want to have to
stop my jboss server, reconfigure a bunch of deployment descriptors, re-deploy, etc.
This should be so dynamic and it's transparent.

Maybe I'm in the wrong direction here, but I'm trying to prototype some interceptor
that I can apply to any access request to any of my resources (in my content mgmt
app). So the request will be security-checked first to see if the user has permission
to that resource.

I'm diving into the source code of Tomcat and JBoss to see if there is anywhere I can
place a hook in, which gives me some clean way to intercept everything.

thks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3851731#3851731

Reply to the post :