"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : I'm still don't see the need for two apis? I think
we have a congnitive dissonance?

Sure it fits with those two example, but consider the cases when you may not
have an Invocation, but may only have a Joinpoint...

* The first is, I need a common Joinpoint model that spans both Javassist and
java.lang.reflect so that the pointcut matching and aspect binding can be done
with other model.  Besides greatly simplifying the AOP code, it allows pointcut
matching and advice binding to happen without have to load a class which will
be incredibly useful for the IDE integration and precompiler.  Currently all
advice/interceptor binding happens at class load time.

Come to think of it, resolving metadata from a Joinpoint becomes even more
important for the microcontainer as you may want to know all dependencies
introduced by aspects before class load time.

* Second, the aspect may be getting knowledge of its dependency based on an
annotation attached to the class it is aspectizing. Which leads me to your
second question

anonymous wrote :
  | It also unclear how the current AOP annotations/xml will feed into the
configuration
  | in particular with relation to dependencies.

The security aspect is a perfect example here.  The way I have it implemented
now in my aspect code is that the security aspect is allocated via a JBoss AOP
aspect factory.  When the factory goes to create the aspect (on a per class or
per EJB container basis) it queries the container for the @SecurityDomain
annotation and based on that annotation, looks up the domain in JNDI.

So how will this work with XML?  The way I'm going to implement is that the EJB
3 deployer creates the container and then parses the XML.  It will see the
<security-domain> element and allocate an instance of the @SecurityDomain
annotation and add it as an override to the class.  That way there is a
consistent Object model for configuration (the annotation class).  This also
allows you to totally mix and match XML and annotations together.

Am I making sense now?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3861237#3861237

Reply to the post :