Ok, that was a great description of the steps.

How about this?

A file is transfered to a directory local to the AdminConsole as described.
Then the Console prepares the input properties for the template to be executed.
Part of the input properties is the URL to the local file. When the template
runs, it copies the file over to the deployment.

In the remote scenario, the only thing that changes is the intermediate layer
that takes care of transfering the file over (locally to the remote machine).
The other steps are the same.

In the template config we would have something like:

  | <template-config>
  |    ... bla bla properties
  |    <property name="JarURL" type="java.net.URL"/>
  |    <file-list>
  |       <file src="files"/>  <!-- deep copy this from template dir -->
  |       <file src="${JarURL}"/> <!-- copy the pointed resource -->
  |    <file-list/>

The only "problem" I see, is whenever we need to rerun the template the caller
needs to make sure the URL is valid, i.e. the file exists so it can be copied.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3863158#3863158

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3863158