anonymous wrote : Remoting is just a mechanism for making remote invocations
(including callbacks). It has no concept of contextual processing. There has to
be a ServerInvocationHandler on the server side to process invocation requests,
including adding and removing of callback listeners. The
ServerInvocationHandler is also responsible for generating the callbacks
(remoting itself has not idea of when a callback should be generated or what it
contains, it only knows how to get the callback sent to the original listener).

I agree. You definitely need a ServerInvocationHandler on the target server,
otherwise the target server is useless.

However, you don't need a ServerInvocationHandler on the callback server,
assuming that you created the callback server to only handle callbacks. This
paragraph from the wiki document you've posted seems to confirm that:

anonymous wrote :
  | It is important to note that sub-system associated with the callback server
is not directly involved in the dispatching of callbacks to the client callback
handler; this is all handled within the JBoss Remoting layer.

... and this is a logical inference based on the above paragraph:

(I create a callback server to only handle callbacks) + (the subsystems
associated with the callback server are not involved in the dispatching of
callbacks) => (I don't need server invocation handlers on my callback server)

Do we agree up this point?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3871848#3871848

Reply to the post :