Hi All-

I've been working my way through the implementation of JBossMessageProducer,
JBossMessageConsumer and JBossSession and have pretty much completed all the
"easy stuff" - i.e. implementing the Publish-subscribe and point-to-point
interfaces.

I've also created quite a few more unit tests to test this area.

I was going to turn my attention to session transaction handling and had a few
questions regarding the implementation approach for this.

Looking at the messaging core code I couldn't see any way of telling a Receiver
to deliver a bunch of messages as an atomic unit. My knowledge of the messaging
core is approaching zero so I could be missing a trick here.

So my assumption is that it's up to the JMS facade to hold onto messages until
commit for a transacted session. I guess the same applies for acknowledgements.

On this assumption (which may well be wrong) I'm trying to work out where we
hold the set of messages for the transaction, so we can send them on the commit.

Options seem to be:

1) In the server side delegate
2) In a client side interceptor

Advantage of 2) seems to be minimising network/inter JVM calls in the case the
client and the server peer aren't in the same JVM.

Also, how do we deal with running out of memory if a lot of messages are sent
in a transacted session?

The other thing I was looking at is the QueueBrowser functionality. I couldn't
figure how to implement this by hooking into the messaging core - I was looking
for something on the Rendezvous object that would allow me to peek the messages
but couldn't find anything. I guess I'm looking in the wrong place.

I appreciate Ovidiu is away at the moment, and that some of this stuff is quite
involved, so maybe I should look at something similar until I can get a steer
from the experts on this....

-Tim

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3873826#3873826