Does anyone reading this understand how "JBAS-2868 Missing jar
ehcache-1.1.jar for Hibernate support" should be fixed?

It is only of the few unassigned issues left.  I'm wondering if
Hibernate could use JBossCache for the level one cache instead of
ehCache (easy hibernate cache).  This might be a nice alternative to
adding the ehCache jar to the 4.0.4 as release.