Can I ask a dumb question:

Why?

-Andy

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Sounds good to me. My next question is how do we tell Hibernate to use
> JBoss Cache as the first level cache?

*first* level cache ? Why would you ever want that ?

You mean second level cache, right ?
I mean first level cache, which by default is using ehcache-1.1.jar (jira JBAS-2868). We don't include ehcache-1.1.jar with the 4.0.4 as

Again - Hibernate does not support pluggable first level cache; only the
second level cache is pluggable. and yes ehcache is the default *second* level
cache as currently that is the best available default singleprocess cache.

Mannik is the one who has the details about the current state of having
JBossCache work as an efficient single process cache with hibernate.

/max

This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!

----
Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate