Hi!

Jon Finanger wrote:
> > IMHO these tasks are best done by JMX MBeans registered in the server.
> > They can use the timer facilities in JMX to wake up at appropriate
> > times, and also be managed themselves through JMX consoles.
>
> Nice,
> I suppose you mean the messagebean and that you also can 'wake' them up with
> eventnotification?

Nope, I wasn't referring to messagebeans. JMX MBeans are different
beasts entirely (jBoss has a lot of them though, if you need examples).
They can be used to send event notifications (JMS) to MessageBeans
though (for EJB2.0 servers at least), but you could also call a
SessionBean or EntityBean directly. It would just be yet-another-client.

> Is this available in jboss at the current time?

Yes, since the entire kernel is JMX-based. Change the /conf/jboss.conf
(instantiation) and /conf/jboss.jcml (configuration) files to add your
own MBeans.

/Rickard

--
Rickard Öberg