I am trying to follow the model in 14.4.1.1 and 14.4.1.2 of the EJB 1.1 spec.  It
doesn't work, and I cannot see why it should.

In the deployment descriptor I associate a JNDI name with a the class DataSource,
and in the code I get a DataSource object.  Fine.  But how on earth does the system
know what database I want to connect to?  I can see no place to specify the
database URL that I would use if I just naively used JDBC from my session bean.

Is that one of the sever-specific things that are not mandated in the spec?  Either
way, please tell me how I do it with jBoss.

Cheers

===
Steve Slatcher