Please forgive this total newbie question, but I have been searching for 3 days
to an answer to this question. I'm sure the info is out there, and I just
haven't been smart enough to stumble upon it. Anyway, I am trying to understand
which web service stacks are integrated in the various JBoss product offerings
from Redhat, what standards each implement, and what the RH web services
roadmap looks like. I am totally confused by all this, probably because I come
from a background where I only had the choice of using ASP.NET for web
services, and now there are too many options 8=).

If I buy JBoss Application Server from Redhat, am I getting JBossWS as the web
service solution? Or is JBossWS something that I have to acquire separately? Or
are there multiple WS implementations (of which JBossWS is only one), any of
which can be utilized with the JBoss AS?

I purchased the JBoss Developer Studio from Redhat, which came with an
entitlement to RHEL 5 (which I installed), and came bundled with the JBoss
Enterprise Application Platform (which appears to include JBoss Application
Server 4.2). How can I tell what the web service stack is for the AS? On the
IDE side of things, it looks like the JBDS wants me to create Apache Axis or
Axis2 web services. I don't see any mention of JBossWS in the IDE. Am I missing
some crucial plug-in?

I fear the answer to my questions is that I am just totally clueless, but if
some kind soul could point me to some specific information (just telling me to
go to the forum or wiki won't help, as I've already been there and am still
confused), I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134960#4134960

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134960