HI
We are using webstart for deploying an application that is constantly
maintained and neeed frequently updates.
We are now moving clients from jre 1.5.12 to jre 1.6.10 but we are focusing a
strange problem when an updated version is released.
When a user wants to get last version, he simply closes and reopens the
application, leaving to webstart to re-download the all stuff.

But once the application is closed, for some time (more or les 5 minutes)
webstart cannot access the server by giving the following error:
 net.BindException: Address already in use: connect

After that time if user try again it works fine.
The all stuff worked fine with jdk1.5.

I suspect this comes from some incompatibility with jboss 4.2.2 client libs
that for some reason maintain a connection to the server when application
closes.... The problem raises in windows xp clients.

Any ideas?
Many thanks

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190172#4190172

Reply to the post :