Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] created the discussion

"Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/582756#582756

> In fact all issues come from the fact JBoss load the persistence.xml too
> early. I've tested to update the <provider> tag with a little patch by using
> "org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistenceMyImpl" (this class has to start with
> "org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence" to be considered by Hibernate
> configuration, but hibernate dos not use the CL of this provided class, but
> the one of "PersistenceUnitInfo"  (see
> Ejb3Configuration#configure(PersistenceUnitInfo, Map). One solution could
> consist to wrap the "PersistenceUnitInfo" with a custom proxy class to force
> the CL....
How would it actually got this class' CL if first needs to load the class
itself?
Which CL comes from PUInfo? I would expect app's ...

> Anyway, to be fully compliant with JBoss (and some other JEE servers) I've
> switch to this solution :
> http://fabdouglas.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-run-spring-3-jpa-application-to.html
>
> http://fabdouglas.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-run-spring-3-jpa-application-to.html
You can actually force JBossAS to ignore persistence.xml with jboss-ignore.txt,
so not really neccessary to rename the file.

This way of course you delegate the work to ext lib, which then loads local
classes first.

But in my test, I later on had issues with EJB, which uses Hibernate for its
timers handling.
Afaik, Jaikiran is looking into the issue, as EJBs + timers handling should not
overlap with deployment's JPA usage.

btw: nice and useful blog post :-)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]