Amin Mohammed-Coleman [https://community.jboss.org/people/amin-mc] created the
discussion

"Re: jBPM5 - Can't Scale, Won't Scale"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803082#803082

Hi,

I would be interested to see how you have implemented this and would appreciate
it if you would be able to post your findings on the forum.  In our case the
session is disposed of per request and so we have issues with timers as our
processes are long lived (at the moment we don't use timers).  I had toyed with
the idea of having our own custom timer implementation but found that it would
involve some significant amount of work.  Ideally i think this is something
that jBPM should provide and users just need to choose what configuration they
want to use (for example session per request or singleton session).

Cheers