Anshuman Purohit [https://community.jboss.org/people/anshumanpurohit] created
the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 - Can't Scale, Won't Scale"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/805156#805156

Mauricio:
I thought Singleton Session strategy (Kris mentioned earlier) is to have one
ksession per VM. Is that correct? If so, I am questioning if that is a
practical strategy (and NOT the session per process instance) because that is
"synchronize and suffer" model of concurrency and does not support parallale
processing.

Of couse, "session per process instance"  and "session per request" might work
if 1) an external system cordinates timer tasks, and 2) on every event the
session info and process info is retrieved/inserted from/to db and unmarshalled
to memory. 1 requires temporal task/event cordination to happen outside jBPM
(that application developers writes). So, did jBPM really support BPMN 2.0
timer task? Due to 2, anyone trying to have jBPM in a cluster for better
performance has another performance issue (with network lag in DB roundtrip or
second level hibernate cache etc.).

Am I missing something?