I started with 'hello' example this time and added my wsdl to that project. The
hello.wsdl looks like this

hello.wsdl

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <definitions targetNamespace="http://jbpm.org/examples/hello";
  |   xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";
  |   xmlns:tns="http://jbpm.org/examples/hello";
  |   xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
  |   xmlns:plt="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/05/partner-link/";
  |   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
  |   xmlns:evt="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";>
  |

  |   <import namespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";
location="resources/xml/ALFEventManagerSOAP.wsdl" />
  |   <!-- characterizes the relationship between the greeter and its caller -->
  |   <plt:partnerLinkType name="Greeter-Caller">
  |     <plt:role name="Greeter">
  |       <plt:portType name="tns:ALFServiceFlow" />
  |     </plt:role>
  |     <!-- the Caller does not provide services to the Greeter,
  |       this is why we omit the "Caller" role -->
  |   </plt:partnerLinkType>
  |
  |   <!-- describes the interface presented to callers -->
  |   <portType name="ALFServiceFlow">
  |     <operation name="eventNotice">
  |       <input message="evt:EventNotice"/>
  |     </operation>
  |   </portType>
  |
  |  </definitions>

Notice that I have portType 'ALFServiceFlow' defined in the wsdl. Originally I
had it in my imported wsdl file
ALFEventManager.wsdl

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <wsdl:definitions
  | xmlns:evt="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";
  | xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/";
  | xmlns:tns="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";
  | xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";
  | xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
  | xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
  | name="ALFEventManager"
  | targetNamespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";>
  |
  |   <wsdl:documentation>
  |     WARNING: PRELIMINARY VERSION SUBJECT TO CHANGE
  |
  |       Copyright Notice
  |       The material in this document is Copyright (c) Serena Software, Inc.
and others, 2005, 2006
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html.
  |       For purposes of the EPL, "Program" will mean the Content.
  |       If you did not receive this Content directly from the Eclipse
Foundation, the
  |       Content is being redistributed by another party ("Redistributor") and
different
  |       terms and conditions may apply to your use of any object code in the
Content.
  |       Check the Redistributor's license that was provided with the Content.
  |       If you did not receive any such license, contact the Redistributor.
  |       Unless otherwise indicated below, the terms and conditions of the EPL
still apply to the Content.
  |   </wsdl:documentation>
  |
  |   <!-- ALF EventManager WSDL -->
  | <wsdl:types>
  |     <xsd:schema xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";
elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";>
  |             <xsd:import
namespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";
schemaLocation="ALFEventBase_1.xsd"/>
> [...]
  | </wsdl:message>
  |
  | <wsdl:message name="EventNoticeResponse">
  |     <wsdl:part type="evt:ALFEventResponseType" name="EventNoticeResponse"/>
  | </wsdl:message>
  |
  | <wsdl:message name="EventNoticeWithReply">
  |     <wsdl:part type="evt:ALFEventType" name="EventNoticeWithReply"/>
  | </wsdl:message>
  |
  | <wsdl:message name="EventNoticeWithReplyResponse">
  |     <wsdl:part type="evt:ALFEventWithReplyResponseType"
name="EventNoticeWithReplyResponse"/>
  | </wsdl:message>
  |

  | <wsdl:portType name="ALFEventManager">
  |     <wsdl:operation name="EventNotice">
  |             <wsdl:input message="evt:EventNotice"/>
  |             <wsdl:output message="evt:EventNoticeResponse"/>
  |     </wsdl:operation>
  |     <wsdl:operation name="EventNoticeWithReply">
  |             <wsdl:input message="evt:EventNoticeWithReply"/>
  |             <wsdl:output message="evt:EventNoticeWithReplyResponse"/>
  |     </wsdl:operation>
  | </wsdl:portType>
  |
  | <wsdl:portType name="ALFServiceFlow">
  |     <wsdl:operation name="eventNotice">
  |             <wsdl:input message="evt:EventNotice"/>
  |     </wsdl:operation>
  | </wsdl:portType>
  |

  | <wsdl:portType name="ALFServiceFlowWithReply">
  |     <wsdl:operation name="EventNotice">
  |             <wsdl:input message="evt:EventNotice"/>
  |             <wsdl:output message="evt:EventNoticeWithReplyResponse"/>
  |     </wsdl:operation>
  | </wsdl:portType>
  |
  | <wsdl:binding name="ALFEventManagerSOAP" type="evt:ALFEventManager">
  |     <soap:binding style="rpc"
  |     <wsdl:operation name="EventNotice">
  |     <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
  |             <wsdl:input>
  |                     <soap:body use="literal"
namespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1"/>
  |             </wsdl:input>
  |             <wsdl:output>
  |                     <soap:body use="literal"
namespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1"/>
  |             </wsdl:output>
  |     </wsdl:operation>
  |     <wsdl:operation name="EventNoticeWithReply">
  |     <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
  |             <wsdl:input>
  |                     <soap:body use="literal"
namespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1"/>
  |             </wsdl:input>
  |             <wsdl:output>
  |                     <soap:body use="literal"
namespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1"/>
  |             </wsdl:output>
  |     </wsdl:operation>
  | </wsdl:binding>
  |
  | <wsdl:binding name="ALFServiceFlowSOAP" type="evt:ALFServiceFlow">
  |     <soap:binding style="rpc"
  |             <wsdl:operation name="eventNotice">
  |     <soap:operation soapAction=""/>
  |             <wsdl:input>
  |                     <soap:body use="literal"
namespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1"/>
  |             </wsdl:input>
  |     </wsdl:operation>
  | </wsdl:binding>
  |
  | <wsdl:binding name="ALFServiceFlowWithReplySOAP"
type="evt:ALFServiceFlowWithReply">

location="http://localhost:8080/ALFEventManager/services/ALFEventManagerSOAP"/>

location="http://localhost:8080/ALFServiceFlow/services/ALFServiceFlowSOAP"/>

location="http://localhost:8080/ALFServiceFlow/services/ALFServiceFlowWithReplySOAP"/>
  |     </wsdl:port>
  | </wsdl:service>
  |
  | </wsdl:definitions>

Notice that this file has portType 'ALFServiceFlow' too. If I change the
partnerLinkType to point to this ALFServiceFlow with the following namespace
prefix change

  | <plt:partnerLinkType name="Greeter-Caller">
  |     <plt:role name="Greeter">
  |       <plt:portType name="evt:ALFServiceFlow" />
  |     </plt:role>
  |     <!-- the Caller does not provide services to the Greeter,
  |       this is why we omit the "Caller" role -->
  |   </plt:partnerLinkType>

I get above mentioned exception i.e NullPointerException in WSDL11Reader class.
My imported xsd file looks like this
ALFEventBase_1.xsd

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1";
attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"
targetNamespace="http://www.eclipse.org/alf/schema/EventBase/1"; version="1.0">
  |     <xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:documentation>
  |                     WARNING: PRELIMINARY VERSION SUBJECT TO CHANGE
  |             </xs:documentation>
  |     </xs:annotation>
  |     <xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:documentation>
  |                     Copyright Notice The material in this document is
Copyright
  |                     (c) Serena Software, Inc. and others, 2005, 2006 Terms
and
  |                     Conditions: The Eclipse Foundation makes available all
  |                     content in this document ("Content"). Unless otherwise
  |                     indicated below, the Content is provided to you under
the
  |                     terms and conditions of the Eclipse Public License
Version
  |                     1.0 ("EPL"). A copy of the EPL is available at
  |                     http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html. For purposes
of
  |                     the EPL, "Program" will mean the Content. If you did not
  |                     receive this Content directly from the Eclipse
Foundation,
  |                     the Content is being redistributed by another party
  |                     ("Redistributor") and different terms and conditions may
  |                     apply to your use of any object code in the Content.
Check
  |                     the Redistributor's license that was provided with the
  |                     Content. If you did not receive any such license,
contact
  |                     the Redistributor. Unless otherwise indicated below, the
  |                     terms and conditions of the EPL still apply to the
Content.
  |             </xs:documentation>
  |     </xs:annotation>
  |     <!-- Begin EventBaseTypes -->
  |     <xs:complexType name="EventBaseType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             EventBaseType is a container for that portion
of an ALF
  |                             Event that is generally set by the Tool that
raises the
  |                             event.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:element name="EventId" type="EventIdType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="Timestamp" type="TimestampType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="EventType" type="EventTypeType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="ObjectType" type="ObjectTypeType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="ObjectId" type="ObjectIdType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="Source" type="SourceType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="User" type="CredentialsType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="EventControl" type="EmBaseType"/>
  |                     <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="BaseExtension"
type="BaseExtensionType"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |             <xs:anyAttribute/>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:complexType name="EmBaseType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             EventControlType is a container for that
portion of an
  |                             ALF Event that is generally set by the ALF
EventManager.
  |                             In some cases, ALF compliant tools may set some
fields,
  |                             in particular when the event is a result of an
ALF
  |                             service call to that tool from a ServiceFlow.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:element name="EmEventId" type="xs:string"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="EmTimestamp" type="TimestampType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="PredecedingEmEventId"
type="EventIdType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="ApplicationName"
type="ApplicationNameType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="EventMatchName"
type="EventMatchNameType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="ServiceFlowName"
type="ServiceFlowNameType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="ServiceFlowId"
type="ServiceFlowIdType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="Callback" type="xs:boolean"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="Environment" type="EnvironmentType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="EmUser" type="CredentialsType"/>
  |                     <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="EmExtension"
type="EmExtensionType"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |             <xs:anyAttribute/>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="EventIdType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             A UUID that uniquely identifies the Event
instance.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
  |                     <xs:maxLength value="36"/>
  |             </xs:restriction>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ServiceFlowIdType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             A UUID that uniquely identifies the ServiceFlow
  |                             instance.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
  |                     <xs:maxLength value="36"/>
  |             </xs:restriction>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="TimestampType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             The date and timestamp when the EventManager
received
  |                             the Event. This element may be left empty by
the event
  |                             emitter, in which case, the Event Manager will
supply a
  |                             value.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:dateTime"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="EventTypeType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             A string indicating the type of event. EventType
  |                             designates the verb. That is what action
happened to the
  |                             Objects that triggered the event.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <!-- =============  Object that triggered the event  ============= -->
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ObjectIdType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             An ObjectId identifies the entity or
relationship that
  |                             changed within a tool. The identifier must be
unique for
  |                             a particular instance of the source tool. The
format of
  |                             this element will not be standardized by ALF.
The
  |                             primary purpose is to allow subsequent
ServiceFlows to
  |                             uniquely identify (and perhaps access) the
object that
  |                             triggered the event.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ObjectTypeType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             The type of entity involved. Note that the word
entity
  |                             is taken in its broadest sense, referring to
whatever
  |                             artifact a tool was operating on. For example,
for a
  |                             data modeling tool, an E-R relationship is a
type of
  |                             entity (i.e., and ObjectType) to ALF.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <!-- =============  The source (i.e, tool or product) that emitted the
event  ============= -->
  |     <xs:complexType name="SourceType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             A Source element is a container type that
describes the
  |                             source of the event. ProductCallbackURI is
optional for
  |                             tools that don't provide a listener to accept
the
  |                             callback from a tool or serviceflow at a later
time.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:element name="Product" type="ProductType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="ProductVersion"
type="ProductVersionType"/>
  |                     <xs:element name="ProductInstance"
type="ProductInstanceType"/>
  |                     <xs:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0"
name="ProductCallbackURI" type="ProductCallbackURIType"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ProductType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             A descriptive name for the tool (i.e., program)
that
  |                             emitted the Event. Note that this is a datatype
for a
  |                             Product element.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ProductCallbackURIType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             The web service endpoint for tools that support
  |                             callbacks from ServiceFlows for additional
information.
  |                             The element content is optional for transient
tools that
  |                             may not be running at a later time, and so
cannot accept
  |                             a callback. Constantly running (server) tools
that
  |                             support callbacks should supply a URI.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:anyURI"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ProductInstanceType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             A unique string identifying the instance of the
tool.
  |                             This is useful when there may be multiple
instances of a
  |                             product working within an instance of ALF.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ProductVersionType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             The release version of the product, such as 5.06
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <!-- ======  User information identifying the security context of the
request ======= -->
  |     <xs:complexType name="CredentialsType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                         A structure to hold security
authentication-relevant data.
  |                         If present the data within may be encrypted.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"
processContents="lax"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |             <xs:anyAttribute/>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ApplicationNameType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             The name of the ALF application to which this
event
  |                             belongs. Depending on the emitting tool, events
may or
  |                             may not be associated with an ALF application.
If the
  |                             emitting tool has the information available
then it can
  |                             provide the ALF ApplicationName as an additional
  |                             information to distinguish the event.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="EventMatchNameType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             The name of the event match within the ALF
Application
  |                             that matches this event.  This fields is set by
the Event Manager
  |                             when it dispatches the event.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ServiceFlowNameType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             The name of the service flow withing the event
match that
  |                             matches this event. This field is set by the
Event Manager
  |                             when it dispatches the event.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="EnvironmentType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             The name of the environment in which this event
is being
  |                             raised. This element will be set by the ALF
Event
  |                             manager from its installation configuration.
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string"/>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |     <xs:simpleType name="ALFSchemaVersionType">
  |             <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
  |                     <xs:enumeration value="1.0"/>
  |             </xs:restriction>
  |     </xs:simpleType>
  |
  |     <xs:complexType name="BaseExtensionType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             Place holder type for future extensions of
  |                             BaseExtensionType
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded"
namespace="targetnamespace"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |             <xs:anyAttribute/>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:complexType name="EmExtensionType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             Place holder type for future extensions of
EmBaseType
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded"
namespace="targetnamespace"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |             <xs:anyAttribute/>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:complexType name="DetailExtensionType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             Place holder type for vocabulary based Event
payload "details"
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded" namespace="##other"
processContents="lax"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |             <xs:anyAttribute/>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:complexType name="CustomExtensionType">
  |             <xs:annotation>
  |                     <xs:documentation>
  |                             Place holder type for custom Event payload
"extensions"
  |                     </xs:documentation>
  |             </xs:annotation>
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded" namespace="##other"
processContents="lax"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |             <xs:anyAttribute/>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <!-- End EventBaseTypes -->
  |     <!--  BEGIN ALFEvent -->
  |     <xs:complexType name="ALFEventType">
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:element name="Base" type="EventBaseType"/>
  |                     <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="Detail"
type="DetailExtensionType"/>
  |                     <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="Extension"
type="CustomExtensionType"/>
  |                     <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"
namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |             <xs:attribute default="1.0" name="version"
type="ALFSchemaVersionType"/>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:complexType name="ALFEventResponseType">
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:any minOccurs="0"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |     <xs:complexType name="ALFEventWithReplyResponseType">
  |             <xs:sequence>
  |                     <xs:any minOccurs="0"/>
  |             </xs:sequence>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |
  |     <!--  END ALFEvent -->
  |
  |     <!-- Event Notice -->
  |     <!-- Element declaration for creating documents -->
  |     <xs:element name="EventNotice" type="ALFEventType"/>
  |
  | </xs:schema>

Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is?

Thank you,
Meghana

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4021386#4021386