"dajevtic" wrote : I have a question regarding a how to:
  | I want to have a dataTable (jsf ri or richfaces) where I have editable
tabular data from a database table. I want (almost) every column to be editable
(similar to excel). What is the best (technical) approach to achieve this?

I would use a h:dataTable backed by a CONVERSATION scoped EntityQuery.  N.B.
You can configure the scope of a component in components.xml

anonymous wrote : Also if I want to page fordward or backwards my changes will
be discarded and the data will be read from the database again, ignoring my
changes.

If you are in a CONVERSATION this shouldn't happen.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057344#4057344

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057344