"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : Why? Well facelets is obvious (we needed fixes
which weren't in a released version).  And currently Seam depends on JBoss
Embedded at build time (but not at runtime, you do need thirdparty-all for
deploying to non JBoss AS app servers if they don't have all the deps needed,
normally javassist). I am working on improving dep management currently, and
the dependency on JBoss Embedded (apart from it's api) will go away.

Well, actually, it was the custom version of Hibernate, not Facelets, that
puzzled me. After all, with Hibernate being owned by pretty much the same team
as Seam itself (well, Gavin is there for sure), any needed custom changes could
have been as easily incorporated right into a Hibernate release, now couldn't
have they?

Now, if I don't use JBoss Embedded (I deploy on Tomcat without EJB3 support),
do I still need to use the hibernate-all.jar, or can I use the latest GA
versions of Hibernate, Annotations, EM and such?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072538#4072538

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072538