Are you able to post some actual code that demonstrates these performance
issues: (beans, facelets etc)?

In addition to all the EL parsing, reflection, etc. the EL calls will probably
be subject to several layers of interception. Do these show up in your timings?

I know you've run a profiler on the session and currently all fingers point to
EL, but another thing to consider is that there are certain cases in IE where
the browser itself is incredibly slow at rendering tabular data.  I had a JSF
app that rendered incredibly slowly.  After profiling, I saw that the response
was generated in a fraction of the time that I was witnessing.  Even after
saving the generated HTML to a file and opening up in IE it generated slowly.
Opening the same file in Firefox was very quick.  Like I said, probably not
directly relevant here, just something to look out for.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085068#4085068

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085068