Hi!

Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : There is no garuntee on how many times the
authenticate method will be called.
  | <..snip..>

That's bad :(
I'm facing the situation that the database is counting the login attempts and
blocks the account, when an invalid password is provided three times.
How would I deal with the fact, that I don't know how often the
Authenticator.authenticate() method is called?
Does this mean, that I can't use the build-in identity component?

Could you explain, why the method could be called multiple times within the
same request-response-cycle? I thought, if the action method returns "false"
then a simple re-rendering of the page is performed.

Regarding the exceptions, I do have a try/catch(Exception e) in my
dbAccess.authenticate() method - nothing is captured there...

Best Regards, Kurt

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098278#4098278

Reply to the post :