From: Steven Webster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 9:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] Hypersonic SQL

Hi all,

I've migrated some development work from Weblogic, over to JBoss, and am
initially
impressed.  However, I'm a bit concerned that the default database used by
JBoss for
CMP Entity beans, Hypersonic SQL, seems to be no longer supported.  What is
the
stance of the JBoss team on this...is Hypersonic still recommended as the
default
installation ?

I know that I can change things to use Oracle 8i, MS SQL Server, etc, but
for the time
being, I'd rather stick with JBoss out-of-the-box as much as possible...

So, for the time being, is there a client I can use to Hypersonic SQL, that
would allow
me to query the underlying DB, drop tables, etc ?

The problem I'm having, is that having created a CMP Entity Bean, with 4
fields, then
changing the CMP Entity Bean to have 5 fields, Hypersonic SQL doesn't seem
want to drop the old table (with 4 columns) and create the new table (with 5
columns).

Does this seem sensible ?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Regards,