Hi,

David Jencks wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What in more detail are you trying to do?  What is your datasource
> connected to? Why are you setting autocommit true?

The datasource is connected to Oracle, and we have several cases where
our database code runs outside a container.  We have some RMI servers
that are not yet containerized and, in particular, our service startup
MBean runs outside a container.  We want to be able to control the
database connection transaction directly in these cases.

In essence, what we want is a pool of JDBC PooledConnections in addition
to our pool of XAConnections (a subclass of PooledConnection
implementing XA).  We just want a plain database connection pool to use
for utilities in addition to an XA pool to use for EJBs and servlets.

> If you are trying to pool non-XA connections, you might try using a
> org.opentools.minerva.jdbc.JDBCPoolDatasource.

I tried using the JDBCDataSourceLoader to create a JDBCPoolDataSource
(which is what I want to do).  However, there are no examples of using
the JDBCDataSourceLoader from jboss.jcml.  Simply duplicating the
jboss.jcml entries used (successfully) in the XADataSourceLoader setup
doesn't work.