On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Toby Allsopp wrote:

> Peter Antman wrote:
>
> > Well, that was just a few imressions from the conference. And by the way,
> > I have started writing a J2EE Connector JMS resource adapter, which will
> > bring JMS as a true resource (transacted) to JBoss also for publishing
> > and not only (as now) for message driven  beasn;-)
>
> Hi, Peter.
>
> The JCA 1.0 spec has no asynchronous support, so this resource adapter
> will only handle sending messages, right?

Correct, I would have to srt of have a cover up class that does not allow
any of the not supported operations (which are specifyed in the J2EE 1.3
specification).

> Are you aware of the JSR for JCA 2.0, which adds asynchronous stuff? It
> also explicitly mentions JMS.

I was not up until to yesterday, when one of the OpenEJB guys told me
about it. But I already know that the next version would go into JMS
provider plugability. But how long time will it take before that
spec is out ? Probably a year.

I do think we can get JMS working as a connector, perhaps with some minor
JBoss specific code. I know the other server vendors integrates thaire JMS
offereings tighter into the plattform, therefor JBoss ought to do that to.

> It might be cool to get JBoss represented in the expert group for this
> JSR (JSR 112
> http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/jsr/jsr_112_connector.html).
> What do you think? Perhaps this is a quesstion for the board.

Yea, I think it would be good fpr JBoss to be represented in a lot of the
expert group, the same way other vendors and the apache team is. But if
the JBoss board should have a say in this, I don't know.

But its kind of tempting to see the link: "I Would like to join this
expert group" ;-)

//Peter

> Toby.

Jobba hos oss: http://www.tim.se/weblab
Peter Antman             Technology in Media, Box 34105 100 26 Stockholm
Systems Architect        WWW: http://www.tim.se
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  WWW: http://www.backsource.org
Phone: +46-(0)8-506 381 11 Mobile: 070-675 3942