> |So one, BEA screwed up using multicast for messaging large
> amounts of data
> |in a cluster. Other products like Gemstone have a much more
> mature cluster
> |technology and do not need to message to stay in synch.
>
> that is actually pretty smart (mcast sync of ball) we were
> planning on using
> that... if they ran into problems likeliness is we will too
>
> marc

Unless, you have a framework that implements reliable multicasting, like
www.javagroups.com, I'm still researching and digging into this technology
to see if it would
be a fit. As of now, it looks really good, but it is a little bit built to
be its own application instead of a component inside of a server
application. The statement here, is about thread handling can not be
controlled from outside, and when developing an EJB server you have to be
able to control most of the threads.

Will send you all more feedback once I get really down and dirty with this
one.

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you