Hi there!

I am new to JBoss and just trying it. The server ist running well with
embedded TomCat. I'm using JBoss 2.1 with Tomcat 3.2.1 on a
Win2k-machine.
But I have problems with deploying EJBs on JBoss. I was following the
instructions shown in the documentation "Beginning EJB programming using
JBoss" with the interest-example. Everything goes fine but when I copy
the interest.jar-file into the /dist/deploy-directory I get following
error:

.
.
.
[J2EE Deployer Default] Create application interest.jar
[J2EE Deployer Default] install module interest.jar
[Container factory] Deploying:file:/z:/JBoss/jboss-tomcat-2.1-beta/
jboss-2.1/tmp/deploy/Default/interest.jar
[Container factory] org.jboss.ejb.DeploymentException: Error in
ejb-jar.xml for Entity Bean null: expected one ejb-name tag
[Container factory]
org.jboss.metadata.ApplicationMetaData.importEjbJarXML
(ApplicationMetaData.java:109)
.
.
.

It seems that the container can't find an ejb-name tag, although I have
one in my ejb-jar.xml (see below).

My ejb-jar.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Cp1252"?>

<ejb-jar>
  <description>jBoss test application </description>
  <display-name>Test</display-name>
  <enterprise-beans>
    <session>
      <ejb-name>Interest</ejb-name>
      <home>com.web_tomorrow.interest.InterestHome</home>
      <remote>com.web_tomorrow.interest.Interest</remote>
      <ejb-class>com.web_tomorrow.interest.InterestBean</ejb-class>
      <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
      <transaction-type>Bean</transaction-type>
    </session>
  </enterprise-beans>
</ejb-jar>

My question now ist, why doesn't the container find the tag and why does
he look "for Entity Bean null"??

Thanks in advance

Thomas