Im pretty sure I do get my transactions managed by jboss. are you 100% sure
about that ?

Shahar.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Toby Allsopp
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 9:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Solving Oracle Connection Pool Hanging

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 09:08:31PM +0200, Shahar Solomianik wrote:
> Well, RawXADataSourceLoader works and XADataSourceLoader doesnt...

I think you'll find that "works" is very limited in this case. You won't
get your transactions managed by the container for one thing.

> doesnt RawXADataSourceLoader pool connections ??? it should be implemented
> in the driver.

Why should it be? Connection pooling is a service provided by the app
server,
not the JDBC driver. It may well be the case that Oracle's XADataSource
implementation does do pooling, but this doesn't change the fact that your
application component code shouldn't be dealing directly with XADataSource
and XAConnection.

Toby.

name="DataSourceClass">oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource</attribute>