That is pretty cool post it to jboss-dev francois,

|So we created our own LRUEnterpriseContextCachePolicy class to be able
|to passivate beans with JMS messages.  We actually call the ageOut
|method with the beans key we want to flush by going through the LRUList
|obtains from getList() method. But there is still a problem, the beans
|that are in a transaction don't get passivated.

I believe it is a brilliant idea with the wrong implementation, it belongs
at the Option A/B/C that informs the container that he should be updating
the state of the beans.  In other words, passivating is the wrong thing to
do you want to be working in the synchronization interceptor.

However I can't remember how you would want to navigate to the interceptor
and probably the best way is to set that information on the wrapper, then
have the synchronization interceptor call the load method depending on this
flag.

I am doing a class at www.jboss.org and I might try to get the students to
implement this container feature on Friday, that is a really cool feature.
Do you have the "JMS" stuff, how do you generate it from the database?

marc