I have a service bean (stateless session) which maintains metadata on my system (call it MSB.)  MSB is used by other beans (call them Worker Beans.)  It appears that I must deploy the MSB first (which I would expect.)  However when I deploy the Worker Beans that use the MSB they give an error at deployment because the MSB is unknown (apparently the prior deployment of the MSB does not make it available.)  I figure I have two choices, bundle the necessary MSB classes (probably just the home interface) in with the Worker Beans or put these definitions in the JBOSS CLASSPATH so it will be available at deployment of the Worker Beans.  I chose the second choice, this does give the appearance of working (one never knows if it is for the right or wrong reason though.)

What I am wondering is....  Should my deployment of the MSB allow for the deployment of the Worker Beans without me forcing the MSB in the JBOSS CLASSPATH (or in the Worker Beans jar file)?  What is the proper manner to bundle and deploy beans which are used by or are using other beans?

Brian Farrar