Hi

Can you recommend a high quality open source naming/directory server with
jndi naming or preferably directory
support, and preferably using ldap service provider?

I understand that there is openLdap, but it is only for *nix. Win2K's
active directory is one option, but need to install the server domain
controller (anybody used it for general purpose naming/directory service
and federated it with jboss?). What we need is an extremely lightweight
(embedded style, a few hundreds entries) naming server (and preferably
directory later).

Because there are high quality embedded relational databases, so, if there
is open source ldap (or other reasonably good naming/directory protocol)
"wrapper" on top of relational database, it should be also fine.

And this question again: does jnp support general purpose naming service?
i.e., can a client (or ejbean) program (not in descriptors, but in a java
running program, i.e., runtime dynamically) bind some info into jnp, and
later lookup, even after restart jboss?

Also, "open source" is preferred, but other low-end(low cost) solutions are
also fine.

thanks in advance!!!

Kai