On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 01:55:54PM -0600, Dave King (WebEKG) wrote:
> Greetings

>                       <resource-ref>
>                               <description>the db for key
> sequences</description>
>                               <res-ref-name>jdbc/sequence</res-ref-name>
>                               <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
>                               <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
>                       </resource-ref>
> as my resource
> and is standardjaws,xml I have
>     <datasource>java:/SQLServerPool</datasource>
>     <type-mapping>MS SQLSERVER</type-mapping>
>
> is there anything more I need to map jdbc/sequence to the SQLServerPool?  It
> feels like I'm missing a step maping jdbc/sequnce to my sql server pool but
> I don't know where to do that.

Ok, normally I just curse under my breath and ignore these questions, but
you actually seem to have tried to work this out.

You need to set up the mapping in the jboss.xml deployment descriptor.  This
is a hole in the documentation, but you should be able to work it out from
the DTD for jboss.xml and from the archives of this list.

Toby.