Hi all,

Is there any possibility to switch off the additional lookup when creating
the CMP entity bean?

As far as I know, JAWS first invokes the "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYBEANTABLE
WHERE MYBEANPK = ?", checks if the column contains 0, and only then issues
the "INSERT INTO MYBEANTABLE ....".

Abovementioned select is quite expensive operation if the database is quite
large (even if I create all indexes there). Hovever, I can create unique
index on the PK column, and JBoss will receive the SQLException during
insert... So, anyway I hope get the CreateException on the client side,
which is quite acceptable for me.

So the question is: is there any possibility to switch the existence lookup?

TIA
Roman Rokytskyy