Lucian,

it's not legal, according to spec, but it works in jboss:

        try
        {
            Object home = context.lookup(componentName);
            Method createMethod = home.getClass().getMethod("create",
null);

            Object component = createMethod.invoke(home, null);
        }
        catch (NamingException ne) {}

and don't forget to set a SecurityManager.

good luck.