Hi,

Toby Allsopp wrote:

> I didn't realise that the situation was calling from an EJB; I thought we
> were talking about application clients.  Come to think of it, the same
> probably applies to J2EE Application Clients.

I think so. Even web-apps (servlets, JSPs) are supposed to use java:env
namespace and have "deployment" descriptors.

> Why not declare this as an ejb-ref in the deployment descriptor?  Something
> like:
>
> <ejb-ref>
>   <ejb-ref-name>ejb/Foo</ejb-ref-name>
>   <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
>   <home>javax.ejb.EJBHome</home>
>   <remote>com.foo.FooBaseInterface</remote>
> </ejb-ref>

Ok, two things here. First, what if I have to look for
several "hot-deployed" beans. I mean "several" and I
don't know exactly how many. Second, their jndi-names.
jndi-names are runtime parameters in my case.

BTW, your idea is very interesting, especially
in case of predefined names. I'm not sure that
it works, but... At least, I'll think about that.

regards,

Alex.