A bean is not allowed to access a socket unless it is being passed as a
reference into a method call.
a bean holding a reference to a socket will prevent it from being properly
serialized, and replicated.

>2. is there a problem if the session bean's function never returns?? It is
>reading from the socket forever.

yes, you are violating the spec.

why would you want to do this with a bean? use a regular Java object.

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
~