jboss is prolly doing some localhost :port//URL stuff internally.. I
would check /etc/hosts and make sure that you have localhost setup
correctly.
In addition, for your own security I would port forward through the
firewall, rather then put t JBOSS on the firewall.  Development
environments are notorious for being insecure.  JBOSS itself can be
locked down nicely, however, I doubt you're doing that much in
development.
Another more secure option would be to put the server in the DMZ..
Course, you prolly thought of both of those.

--- Patrick Buchinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi everybody!
>
> i have a server with 2 network cards in it, one is connecting to the
> internal network (let's say ip=192.168.0.100) and one is connecting
> the internet (let's say ip=212.172.122.17).
> the os of the server is linux (kernel 2.2.16). the server also is the
>
> gateway from the internal network to the world (using NAT).
>
> now the problem is, when i try to connetct to jboss from outside the
> internal network (to ip 212.172.122.17), i always get a
> NoRouteToHostException to host 192.168.0.100!!??!!!
> is this a jboss problem or a server configuration problem? has
> someone
> ever made such a configuration successfully run with jboss?
>
> the server is our development server, but our customer wants to test
> the
> application from outside, so i need this configuration to work.
>
> please help me!
>
> thank you very much,
>
> patrick

=====
Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
Barbarian Freehold Alliance
Oppurtunity doesn't knock.  It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
--Kyle Chandler