The discussion was in the thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/jboss-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg07118.html

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Richard
Bottoms
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 1:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Apache+Tomcat+JBoss

>there was a thread on that a week or two ago.
[ note: this is not a criticism of the person who mentioned the previous
thread]

I didn't read it. Could someone please provide a side-by-side comparison
between JBoss+Tomcat & JBoss-Jetty. There, I said it, and tomorrow someone
will probably ask for the exact same thing. So...

I'm thinking of starting a JBoss oriented site along the lines of
Slashdot/Freshmeat. The FAQ's and demos new users need will be easilly
available, as well as the type of in-depth coverage experienced users need.

JBoss seems to be on the cusp of crtical mass Linux itself achieved a
couple years ago. What's not helpful is a "we've already talked about that"
or a RTFM approach to newbies. If you're doing your job right there will be
hundreds of newbies every day all asking "how do I get JBoss+Tomcat to
work." I know it's irritating to old hands to have the same question asked
over and over and over again. But take it as a sign of success.

So, rather than curse the darkness I'll shed a little light.

r.b.