Hello tzablock,

Two ways immediately come to mind(assuming you are using Tomcat)...

1.) per servlet spec, call HttpServletRequest's getUserPrincipal() method which
if using Tomcat, will be an instance of
org.apache.catalina.realm.GenericPrincipal principal.  This class has a public
String[] getRoles() method that will give you the roles.

2.) another and in my opinion a better way, is to set the
SecurityAssociationValves's subjectAttributeName parameter which will store the
authenticated subject in the session under the configured name.  Then you only
need to get subject from HttpSession.

let me know if I have not been clear enough, cgriffith

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3922067#3922067

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3922067