As of JBoss 2.2.2, I believe there is at least one bug in
LRUCachingPolicy and/or related classes.  The bug I've encountered produces
the "INSERTING AN ALREADY EXISTING BEAN" exception.  I was able to
work-around it by setting commit option to C.  I intend to look into it
further and hopefully fix it once I get some free time.

---
Michael R. Maraya