Thanks, this works great. Just as my own version, that I wrote before I saw
that there was a reply to the thread :-) well, I guess it's always good to use
the thinking cap, or something.

One problem though:
When setting the language to "sv" using this component (no country or variant
selected) java will choose "messages.properties" before
"messages_sv_SE.properties". Changing the filename to "messages_sv.properties"
gets the job done, but that's not the way I want it.

An other thing:
It would be nice if setLocale() updated the country, language, and variant
properties when it sets the default locale, so the correct language is selected
in the list.

  | private void setLocale()
  | {
  |    this.language = locale.getLanguage;
  |    this.country = locale.getCountry();
  |    this.variant = locale.getVariant
  | }

Thing number three:
I think localeSelector could have a

  | public void setLocale(java.util.Locale locale)
  | {
  |     this.locale = locale;
  | }

This would make it easier to change to a locale when you have an instance of
Locale.

Thing number four (I hope someone's still reading :-)
The ultimate localeSelector would be if the list automagically displayed the
supported locales listed in faces-config.xml and used
Locale.getDisplayLanguage() for the itemLabel. When doing this I would vote for
using locale.getDisplayLanguage(locale) so that the language is displayed in
the language of the locale. Someone wanting to change the language of a site
should have an easier time locating his preferred language if it is displayed
in, you guessed it, his preferred language.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3929489#3929489

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3929489