"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : Not really, the EJB container does a lot of extra
stuff like binding into JNDI, pooling etc. You can apply some of the
transactions and security functionality though.

Thanks Kabir, I came to that conclusion looking at the code too.  Btw, I think
this would be a very useful feature (the other way of doing this is obviously
at compile time via annotation transformations).

"kabir" wrote :
  | You can apply more aspects if you want by deploying an extra aop.xml file
with your deployment, and using the @AspectDomain annotation to select which
domain you want to use. There is an example for this in the "aspectdomain" test
in the ejb3 testsuite.

Ah ha!  Thank you, there was nothing about the @AspectDomain and/or "Domain"
XML property in the current suite of doc (at least I missed it) but I was
looking at the EJB3 AOP file as well as the deployer and noticed this concept.
 Okay, this seems like the right way to do things, i.e. touching the EJB3
interceptors file just seemed architecturally bad.  Btw, I *believe* this
should be the methodology the Spring deployer uses instead of adding the
annotation defintion directly in the EJB3 AOP XML file which is specified in
the doc.

"kabir" wrote :
  | Note that you can also use the EJB3 interceptors as defined by the EJB3
spec if portability is a concern

EJB3 interceptors? (...yanks out PDF...) Ahh, Chapter 11, damn it, I forgot
about this.  I need to reread this section in the spec.

Thanks!

-aps

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3929601#3929601