anonymous wrote : For my specific environment it would be helpful as I use the
tomahawk components combined with JAAS quite a lot

It would be better if there was a more generic solution.

I wonder if it is possible to create an <s:secure> tag and then do, eg:

<s:secure role="Admin">
  |    <h:commandLink ... />
  | </s:secure>

I have not yet investigated whether stuff like this is easy in JSF.

anonymous wrote : I am sure I can play around with the rendered attribute based
on user's roles that I expose to achieve the same effect

The problem I see here is that you need a way to pass the name of the role you
need, and JSF-EL does not support parameters (this is silly, btw).

I guess you could use:

anonymous wrote : <s:link rendered="#{not empty user.roles['Admin']}"/>

or something. But that is kinda ugly.

anonymous wrote : to use the ui stuff with the latest myfaces snapshot one has
to change the imports in HTML.java

Eeeek! Very careless of me, I was NOT supposed to have a MyFaces dependency
there! Fixed in CVS.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3934296#3934296

Reply to the post :