"bdecoste" wrote : jndi bindings are not standardized in the spec, so each
vendor will likely have their own policy.

With all due respect to the EJB3 group which I think have done a fantastic job
of making EJBs more accessible, little things like this should not go
unnoticed.

Why is it architecturally wrong to standardize jndi bindings?  Btw, from the
spec I first got the impression that everything was going to be under
java:comp/ejb3 or something like that to begin with.  The reason why I believe
an EJB3 developer should have control over this is to make one's code portable
across app server environments.  Having to deal with the fact that JBoss puts
them here and Glassfish puts them there and BEA puts them somewhere else sucks!
  :-)!

The EJB3 annotations are in spec but they seem to not be organized other than
in the Persistence document unless my copy is out of date.  What I have just
discovered (big doi) is using the source/javadoc to lookup annotation
definitions which seems to give me a one stop shop for all annotations (whether
they be EJB3 spec or JBoss specific).

One last vent, the lifecycle callback @PreDestory should be honored by
@Stateless beans.  As Bill I think pointed out, @Stateless beans never get
destroyed and on undeployment @PreDestory never gets called.  Maybe my
understanding of the spec is wrong, but the above behavior doesn't seem to be
correct and/or compliant with the spec.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3935424#3935424

Reply to the post :