Greg Wilkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Nicolai P Guba wrote:
>
> > Greg Wilkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> >>Nicalai,
> >>
> >>RC9 contains a bug with FORM authentication.  If the
> >>URL j_security_check is not covered by the security contraint
> >>then it is not handled correctly.    I know this is counter
> >>intuitive and it has already beed fixed for the next release.
> >>
> > Greg, thank you for the pointer.  Could you kindly provide me with a
> > more concise example on how I can fix this?
>
> The simplest thing to do is to probably get
>
>   ftp://jetty.mortbay.org/pub/nightly/Jetty3-latest/lib/org.mortbay.jetty.jar
>
> And replace the org.mortbay.jetty.jar in your release.

Greg

I've tried this fix but the problem persists.  Unfortunately tomcat
and jetty seem to behave different when it comes to the security bit.

For eg, when I had a page in the /protected area and wasn't logged on,
I got the logon screen from Tomcat.  However, Jetty gives me

  HTTP ERROR: 500 Internal Server Error

  RequestURI=/restricted/

And the url on top of the browser says

  http://ejb.frontwire.com/restricted/?

Ok.  Now let's got to the login page directly and the output is the
same as before.

  HTTP ERROR: 404 Not Found
  Could not find resource for /j_security_check

  RequestURI=/j_security_check

Hmmmm.

--
  Nicolai P Guba    http://www.gnu.org         http://www.frontwire.com
                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]