Nicolai P Guba wrote:

> Greg
>
> I've tried this fix but the problem persists.  Unfortunately tomcat
> and jetty seem to behave different when it comes to the security bit.

Well form authentication has only recently been added to Jetty - so
I'm sure it is more bugs than "different" behaviour.

> For eg, when I had a page in the /protected area and wasn't logged on,
> I got the logon screen from Tomcat.  However, Jetty gives me
>
>   HTTP ERROR: 500 Internal Server Error
>
>   RequestURI=/restricted/

This should have produced an exception or some form of log message
in the jetty log file or the console.  Did you get one?

> And the url on top of the browser says
>
>   http://ejb.frontwire.com/restricted/?
>
> Ok.  Now let's got to the login page directly and the output is the
> same as before.
>
>   HTTP ERROR: 404 Not Found
>   Could not find resource for /j_security_check
>
>   RequestURI=/j_security_check

You should be able to fix this one by making sure that the url-pattern
for the security constraint includes /j_security_check.

Can you also send me that section of your web.xml so that I can
test your exact setup.

sorry about this - if you need to get past this point for testing
now, try using BASIC auth for the time being.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          GB  Phone: +44-(0)7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.    Mbl Phone: +61-(0)4 17786631