"andber" wrote : I now see that all other jars than the app1-ejb.jar is shown
in the loader-repository for app2.ear.. Why is this?

Is EAR isolation turned on or off via the EAR deployer?

java2Parent delegation effects if a JAR is first seen (cached) in the UCL, not
whether EARs are isolated - that's part of your ear-service.xml in the deploy
directory.

If its turned on then everything in app1 will not be seen via app2.  If you are
trying to share some interface across EARs, you should package those specific
interfaces as a JAR, drop it in the deploy directory so now it has global scope
across EARs.

If EAR isolation is turned off, than app1-ejb.jar should be visible to app2 (at
least my understanding of JBoss classloading).

Please take a look at the following WIKIs if you haven't already:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossClassLoadingUseCases
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingOverview

And Chapter 8 of the J2EE spec.

View the original post :