Can anyone refer me to an FAQ or even advise me directly how to set up JBoss
to start as a daemon one Mandrake 7.2 ?

I've set up all the necessary symbols. I've defined these in both
/etc/profile and /root/.bashrc because I'm not really sure what userid will
be used, and I've added

  echo "Start JBoss" >> /var/jboss.log
  $JBOSS_DIST/bin/run.sh >> /var/jboss.log

to the end of rc.local as well as adding

  echo "Starting JBoss"

to the start of run.sh

In /var/jboss.log "Start JBoss" appears but "Starting JBoss" does not
appear. I realise that this is a Linux config problem rather than a JBoss
issue per se, but *surely* everyone wants to deploy JBoss applications -
someone must know how to go about this.

Peter Wone